|Offerer||TJC Engineering, Inc.|
|Original Completion Date||01/15/2009|
|Type of Contract||Firm Fixed Price|
|Final Completion Date||01/15/2009|
|Location||Jasper County, Illinois approximately 40 miles northwest of Vincennes, Indiana|
Final Evaluation Rating: Above Average
The project consists of the repair of three beaches in the Saint Marie Levee along the existing alignment and de-watering/repairing the scour holes.
Ground crews faced other challenges including:
- 49,000cy of scour hole de-water/repair
- 4,800cy of clay cap on scour hole
- 1,700cy of inspection trenches
- Over 19,000cy of embankment material compacted, disked, moistened/aerated mixed with lime and aligned with existing levee
- Five acres of seeding/fertilizing
This project was completed in a fraction of the allotted time period concurrently with two other similar projects.
Equipment was mobilized within 24 hours of initial site visit.
Ground crews worked daylight hours seven days a week at the USACE request.