|Offerer||TJC Engineering, Inc.|
|Original Completion Date||01/07/2003|
|Type of Contract||Firm Fixed Price|
|Final Completion Date||05/06/2003|
|Location||Fort Campbell, KY|
Final Evaluation Rating: Above Average
This project involves whole neighborhood revitalization by replacement of 56 two-story, 3-bedroom junior enlisted Cape-hart family housing units constructed in 1957-1960. The existing 56 housing units (8 buildings) were demolished and the site expanded to reduce the high density of units. Replacement construction consisted of variously configured 1 or 2-story multi-unit structures. The design includes wood frame construction, brick veneer, and pre-finished siding. The project also includes garages and patios, as well as supporting infrastructures and neighborhood amenities.
- Demolition includes UST removal, Lead paint abatement and asbestos floor tile removal.
- The design effort is being completed on a fast-track basis, through detailed coordination by TJC management team members experienced with design and construction methods.
- New site work consists of:
- Converting overhead electric and CATV service to underground with pad-mounted transformers.
- Gas and water mains; storm and sanitary sewers with lift stations.
- Asphalt streets, concrete curbs and gutters, sidewalks, streetlights.