|Offerer||TJC Engineering, Inc.|
|Original Completion Date||01/15/2009|
|Type of Contract||Firm Fixed Price|
|Final Completion Date||01/15/2009|
|Location||Lawrence County, IL|
Final Evaluation Rating: Outstanding
The project consists of repairing 1 breach in the Ambraw Levee approximately 775 feet long and repairing the scour hole associated with the breach with 52,000cy of fill material with an 8,000cy clay cap. Ground crews filled and compacted 46,000cy of embankment material from the borrow area.
TJC personnel completed the following tasks:
- Dewatering the scour hole to 3ft.
- Excavation of 3,000cy inspection trench
- 3 to 1 slope ration to tie into existing levee
- Addition of 1,200cy of lime to meat geo-technical requirements
- Compaction layers would be plowed, disked, moistened, mixed, and compacted as necessary.
- 6 acres of seeding and fertilized.
This project was completed in a fraction of the allotted time period concurrently with two other similar projects.
Equipment was mobilized within 24 hours of initial site visit.
Ground crews worked daylight hours seven days a week at the USACE request.